2.25.2011

"SDH" day

for my own reasons and for future leverage with Easton i shall record the events that occurred today.
it started normally. savanna crawling over me into our bed at 5am-ish. Easton yelling and banging his crib rail against the wall at 6am-ish. me in a bad mood.
i herd everyone into the kitchen then upstairs to watch cartoons. i sneak back to bed for all of 5 min before my cover is blown and i'm discovered under the covers. dang. i fulfill requests and return to bed...sooo tired.
with Savanna entertained with a tv show and Chris in the shower, i give Easton my cell phone to fiddle with while i close my eyes for a minute. *R-I-N-G* i jump out of bed, take the phone away and it begins...
"Hello"
"Hi, ma'am this is 911 we just received a call from this number"
i admit that my phone was being used as a toy, but the key pad was locked. proceed to give my information and explain that the screaming child in the background is crying because i took said "toy" away. the day continues...
just as we're sitting down for snacks {breakfast for me} there's a knock at the door. i know who it is before i even open it. yup. two police officers checking in. i get lectured and they leave. what next?!?
Easton's 15 month check-up. shots. trauma. two crying kids. this calls for reinforcement--Nana'a house! my mom and i visit while Easton destroys. he's started climbing--nough' said. i load em' up and return home about 5:30ish.
unload kids, unload car, feed kids, feed self. then i play with Savanna for the longest 30 min ever only to be rescued by a diaper "situation." after that is under control we venture upstairs so i can zone out in front of the news. i soon find myself cleaning.
with all the toys put away and the kids entertained with the vacuum i decide to finally move all the media equipment into the new tv console. just as i am finishing up...WHACK! Easton hits the tv with a plastic block. not hard but just perfect to put a 4 inch crack in the screen.
*s%*!* Chris's new tv.
it was working after the initial incident, but won't turn back on. seriously. a day that started with a call to the police and i feared, for a moment,it would end that way too. thankfully that call was not necessary, but a call to the store and samsung will be.
that, my friends, is what is called a "shit, damn, hell" day!
{thanks Lara}

2 comments:

Lara Phister said...

I'm sorry, but I'm still laughing! NOBODY deserves a day like that.

Jen said...

I miss you sooo much!!